NEW, REVISED VERSION OF SONG OF SOUNDS AVAILABLE NOW!
Click on our Subscribe Now button above to subscribe to an annual Song of Sounds membership. You won't be disappointed!
Frequently Asked Questions
What does an annual subscription consist of?
Song of Sounds membership will give all your teaching staff access to the planning, daily and weekly lessons, assessments, and a plethora of resources covering all the nursery, reception, year 1, and year 2 phonics across nursery and school. For more info on what's included click on the 'What's included?' link to the right.
How much does an annual subscription cost?
An annual subscription costs £399 per year per school. This includes all planning and materials for Stages 0,1,2 and 3 covering Nursery, Reception, Stage 1 and Stage 2.
What about Stage 0 for pre-school children?
Stage 0 is now part of the subscription package for schools that include a pre-school. For nurseries or pre-school that would prefer to purchase Stage 0 independently, the price is £149 for Stage 0 access only. .
Is training available when schools purchase an annual subscription?
Yes, in order to ensure high-quality teaching and overall school fidelity to the programme, our training is recommended on taking a subscription. Song of Sounds is committed to providing continuous, high-quality training, to all those leading or delivering phonics. For more details of training options, click here.
Is it mandatory to buy Collins Big Cat Phonics for Letters and Sounds decodable readers to accompany Song of Sounds?
It is not mandatory, but we highly recommend you purchase the Big Cat decodable readers together with the membership to accelerate learning and improve results. The Big Cat decodable books are 100% aligned with our phonics programme.
How is the new, revised version of Song of Sounds version different to the original version?
We have made some updates to the programme as part of our application to the DFE for validation in order to bring the progression of the programme completely in line with the progression of the Collins Big Cat Phonics for Letters and Sounds decodable readers. The changes are as follows:
- We have changed the teaching of the order in teaching a few of the GPCs in accordance with the progression of Letters and Sounds, e.g. we now teach ai in stage 1 and ay in stage 2.
- We have introduced a few new GPCs e.g. nk, ear and ure.
- The teaching of tricky words has been aligned with the decodable readers
- There is more opportunity for revision and consolidation of tricky words
- Our assessment schedule is tighter, so that children are assessed on their secure knowledge of GPCs and tricky words before being moved onto the appropriate decodable readers
- There is clear and detailed guidance now for teachers on allocating the appropriate decodable readers for children
Thanks to the DFE validation process, Song of Sounds is now better than ever!
Do you have a document that maps the progression of each stage of Song of Sounds?
Please see below for our progression maps for each Stage of Song of Sounds.